"You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me." Morpheus - Matrix

Weekend Vibezz

A few days and we will say goodbye to March and next week we will enter a new month. I honestly admit, this year has not been easy so far, and quite a lot of interesting, unpredictable and unexpected things happened in March. I don't think it will slow down the pace in the coming months, and it is likely that the whole year will be so transformational inside and out, full of unexpected events and changes, good or bad (it's a matter of perspective). 

There was an X1.1 solar flare last night, and the energy all time high.

Somehow, this month, the hospital played a leading role for us. Almost every weekend, we took my friend's mother to the hospital, visited her, and then picked her up from there. As soon as my "mother-in-law" was released from the hospital this week, my cat had to be taken to the veterinary hospital the next day.


Both of my cats are indoor and outdoor - they come and go as they please, just like all the cats in the village. This also has its advantages and, unfortunately, disadvantages. At first, they were indoor cats, but they were too hyperactive, yearning for freedom, and the hours of play distributed on a daily basis did not bring calmness. Both are neutralized, but even so, if the little girl had the chance, she ran away immediately.

I tried to take them out into the garden with a cat leash (the villagers had a good laugh, sometimes big eyes what a heck I do), but my cats demanded more and more time in the outside world, be it rainy, sunny, snowy or freezing. I simply had no time for myself, nor for my hobbies (cross-stitching with a cat is "interesting") and especially not for my blog, since when they slept, they both wanted to sleep on my lap. They have a nice big and comfortable cat tree, it gets dusty in the room because they preferred to sleep on me or on the clothes dryer, but only if there were freshly washed clothes on it. 

The curtains and curtain rods, the window blinds, flowers, quite a few objects, and because of this, the floor and our nervous system "died" due to keeping cats indoors. That's how they became indoor and outdoor cats. They love to climb trees and hunt. In our small garden, mice and shrews migrating from the fields multiplied and because of this it looked like our garden like the surface of the moon - cratered.

Now it is not... and unfortunately the bird population has also been thinned. In the garden, there is always fresh water outside in winter and summer for the birds and other animals that come here. In winter, the bird feeder was always full so that they could eat. If I saw or heard that a bird had been caught, I immediately went and saved it.

Unfortunately, they have already had 1-2 small accidents - scrapes while climbing - jumping, moreover, the little girl is very reckless and likes to explore. However, most of the problems were caused by other cats, (thanks god only verbally), and our cats always screamed desperately at them when they saw one. In such cases, I always went out, be it the middle of the night, and shooed the strange cat away from our garden, while I calmed down the two black beauties. I use to talk to my cats, let them be good, take care of themselves, walk on the sidewalk, and always come home safe and sound etc. Unfortunately, the lady managed to come home, but not safely.


On Wednesday morning, I was still half asleep when I heard my partner let the cat in and talk to her about "what's in your mouth", "Leila spit it out". Miss Leila came into the bedroom, jumped on my bedside table by my bed and stared down at me. She didn't say a word, she didn't cry, she didn't tremble, she just looked at me with those beautiful eyes. My partner suggested and brought a paper towel to remove whatever was in her mouth. I looked at it for a while, there was a piece of wood in it, quite tightly. I wiped the poor cat's saliva and then burst into tears. We need a doctor here. Our animal doctor is not open yet, my friend has to go to work and our little spare money will probably go towards the treatment. There was no time to waste, we had to go, the cat can't stay like this. We found in the internet a 24/7 animal clinic, he immediately called them, I changed very quickly my clothes, comb my hair (thanks God I washed it the day before), sip of a coffee, looted the piggy bank, put the young lady in the transporter and left immediately.

Leila doesn't like to travel by car, but at least we heard her voice, but I was afraid that this would cause more trouble, but I couldn't really calm her down, so we raced to the city 20 minutes away, accompanied by a cat concert.

As always, there is a lot of traffic in that city, especially in the morning and in the afternoon, there are a lot of roundabouts, both of our nerves are in ruins, and we were looking for the clinic. Houses, shops, car showrooms, a filling station, it was written that the city is over... and then we found the building. A very modern, beautiful and well-equipped clinic for almost everything, where all young doctors work. We waited about 5 minutes before they brought the lady in, and I don't know how long, before the doctor came out and gave a short briefing. The piece of wood was successfully removed, they ran a blood test on her, she was given something to stop the bleeding, but the wound was too deep because the piece of wood  penetrated into her mouth about 2-3 cm deep.

The doctor consulted with the oral surgeon, who recommended suturing, so we came to a crossroads. We bring home the lady and it cost for us 200 euros or anaesthesia and sewing will be between 400-500 euros. Since the wound was too deep, I knew it was too risky without stitches, so I counted our money and decided on the operation. We let her there, my bf fast bring me back home and run to work. The clinic called him in the afternoon after the successful operation. He picked up Leila after 6 when his work ended in the afternoon. The doctor showed pictures about the wound. She said that it was very good that we did not remove the piece of wood at home, as it was very close to an artery and our little darling would have bled at that moment. She said that this "wood accident" is unfortunately very common in dogs, she has seen hundreds of such cases during her practice, but only 1-2 cases in cats. Now Leila has increased that stat. 


We received a nice itemized bill - cost more than 500 + euro but life cannot be measured in money. Now she has daily medication, can only eat soft food and cannot go out, which is a big punishment for her. She didn't even let us sleep at night, only for an hour in the morning, when she was tired too. She made very strange noises after eating and her purring was hoarse, so I was worried all night if she was worth the morning. If something had happened, it is not certain that we would have been able to pay it. But thanks God, she's fine, we sleep together, the strange snoring is getting less and less, and when she yawns she can open her little mouth wider. I looked at her wound at that time and unfortunately it was very wide and I made the right decision in favour of the operation. Today I took her out to the garden on a cat leash as a reward, but the lady is tricky, she already jumped on the top of the gate, she would have gone to the world, and she wanted to catch the bees. When I see other people's cats coming and going unharmed for years, the question somehow arises, why can't my cats? I'm used to being thankful when they come home safe and sound, then why?

In the unexpected misfortune there was a large dose of luck and a universal safety net. Leila unfortunately fell from the tree, but she was incredibly lucky not to die. If she fell a few millimetres away, she would never have been able to purr again, and I would have been depressed again for months. We are also lucky, because the cat came home in time, my partner had not yet left for work. We found this clinic where they accept patients 24/7 and we had just enough money set aside to pay for the medical care. It's unfortunate, but things align so well to each other that we know how to solve this problem.


I share this story also because anything can happen unexpectedly on a personal and collective level, since these years are about changes, but know that you are protected and that the solution, the help, the universal safety net are under us, no matter how desperate the situation.

Also this weekend we celebrate Easter, resurrection - rebirth. I wish those who celebrate it a Happy Easter, and those who don't celebrate then I wish for you a nice weekend. As we had to travel every weekend this month, and this weekend as well. I wish you a safe trip and take care if you need to travel also. 

This week I'm sharing one of my favorite music with you, I hope you like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment