"You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me." Morpheus - Matrix

Hopium-Motivating Song of the Week

 This is a weekly blog series where I try to collect songs that have something positive and current to say. Music connects us all, in good cases it lifts us up, gives us strength and helps us through life's difficulties.

Wake me up when it's all over...Unfortunately, there were and are periods in my life when I wish I could sleep through the boring or difficult periods and wake up to a better world and a better life. I know that this is a kind of escapism from reality, but I do not deny and am not ashamed that my earthly self sometimes or often has problems with existence in this plane. I also know that if I miss out on these difficulties, I miss out on the growth and character development that it offers, so I need to apply a higher perspective to life and not get stuck in only the ego view.

When I look back on my life, I see that I was always looking for something - my place, my soul tribe and where to belong. Then in adulthood I had to realize that I wasn't looking in the right place and rather I missed the inner connection with myself - with my higher self. 

Since childhood, constant criticism and other people's attempts to change me left quite a lot of trauma, shadows and mental wounds, which required quite a lot of inner work, but gave me enough inner strength to be able to stay true to myself all the time and accept that I will always stick out from the crowd and I´m different in many areas. 

I haven't found my place, where I belong, nor my soul family, nor my role in this world yet, but it's a journey and I think sooner or later I'll find what I've always been looking for.

Have a nice week everyone :) 


Lyrics

Feeling my way through the darkness
Guided by a beating heart
I can't tell where the journey will end
But I know where to start
They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream
Well life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes
Well that's fine by me

So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself, and I
Didn't know I was lost
So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself, and I
Didn't know I was lost

I tried carrying the weight of the world
But I only have two hands
Hope I get the chance to travel the world
But I don't have any plans
Wish that I could stay forever this young
Not afraid to close my eyes
Life's a game made for everyone
And love is a prize

So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself, and I
Didn't know I was lost
So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself, and I
I didn't know I was lost

I didn't know I was lost
I didn't know I was lost
I didn't know I was lost
I didn't know


No comments:

Post a Comment