"You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me." Morpheus - Matrix

Interstellar comet 2I/Borisov come to visit our solar system

2I/Borisov ( the “I” means“interstellar” and the 2 that the second observed interstellar "object" which came to our solar system after ʻOumuamua – was discovered 30 August by Gennadiy Borisov.
After the end of October passing by the Sun, 2I/Borisov will make its closest approach to Earth in late December at a distance of 1.9 astronomical units which is around 284 235 954 kilometers. 
2I/Borisov's nucleus is surrounded by a coma, a cloud of dust and gas and about these rough estimates of its size are available, at the moment between 2 and 16km. Unless the comet fades or disintegrates unexpectedly, it should be observable until at least September 2020.


More detail about Borisov - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2I/Borisov


No comments:

Post a Comment